Sunday, March 6, 2011

This is the stuff....

I've mentioned several times before that God speaks to me through music mainly through lyrics. My favorite thing to do is to listen to  Pandora on a Christian station and just listen and learn.

One of my favorite songs right now is called "This is the Stuff" By Francesca Battistelli. I heard it live at Winterjam and It makes my heart happy every time I hear it on the Radio.

Here is a video of the song and lyrics. I don't think the actual music video is out yet.





Here are the lyrics:

I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'Cuz I can't find my phone

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

45 in a 35
Sirens and fines while I'm running behind
Whoa

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world
Oh Oh Oh

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff
Someone save me
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
And I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

Oh Oh Oh Oh
This is the stuff You use


I really do LOVE this song!!

So many times I get all wrapped up in the "stuff" that drives me crazy or the small little insignificant things that cause me to lose my cool. Every time I hear this song, I think about how God really is in control. He uses all these things to help mold me into a better person with whichever lesson he wants me to learn in that particular situation.

Why am i sweating the small stuff? Things could be so much worse than they are right now.
And just like the song says.. "I forget how big I'm blessed"
I am WAY blessed... I have an amazing husband who I love with all my heart, we have a great family that we know we can count on and we all have our health, a roof over our heads and food to eat.  

I stumbled on this bible verse tonight and feel as though God wanted me to really take it to heart.


Luke 12:22-29 (New International Version, ©2011)


Do Not Worry
 22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[a]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

 So starting right now,  I want to worry less, and give everything to God. To realize that everything that happens is to teach me a lesson. Maybe it's a lesson on patience, maybe a lesson on listening to God, maybe a lesson on being blessed by God.  

Just like the song says
 
Break me of my impatience 
and help me conquer my frustrations 

That is my prayer for this evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment