Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'll Never Post about that!!!

Yea, thats what I said.... and like I said about God teaching me lessons... today's lesson is to Never say Never...

I don't know what happened in the news today, (I try not to follow it, it makes me sad) But from the posts I see on facebook, something has happened on the Gay marriage front.

The post  I saw didn't say what happened so looked at the comments to see what was decided that had people in an uproar. My first thought was No way! No way I would ever voice my opinion on that.... Well... heck...
There was that little voice in my head saying Oh yes you will... and me saying .. oh no I wont...
That little convo inside my head lasted for several seconds until I finally decided..  Ok.. you win..

I pray all the time for things to write on this blog. When I first decided to start writing, I wanted to make absolutely sure that everything I wrote was from a Christian perspective. I didn't want to be one of those whiney people that have people questioning "why did she tell me that" I actually have a hope of helping people or inspiring people with my ramblings. Not that I have anything worthy to say, but God can put words into my mouth or in this case fingers. So The fact that I feel like God is telling me to write on this... is the ONLY reason why I write it.  I feel as though I need to write a disclaimer  on the blog.

CAUTION: DO NOT JUDGE ME FOR MY OPINION, I HAVE MINE, YOU HAVE YOURS.

CAUTION #2: PLEASE DO NOT DECIDE TO STOP TALKING TO ME BECAUSE OF MY BELIEFS. IF YOU BELIEVE DIFFERENTLY THAN I DO.. CHANCES ARE I ALREADY KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE DIFFERENTLY THAN I DO ... AND GUESS WHAT! I DON'T CARE!! I'M STILL YOUR FRIEND AND I DONT JUDGE YOU FOR IT.. SO PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME

( did I mention I really am not looking forward to writing this? I really hate talking about non-politically correct topics)

*Sigh* Here we go... Here's my opinion.. for what it's worth ( probably not much, but thats ok with me)

First, I guess the only place I can start.. I do not believe that you are born Gay. I believe it is a choice. 
I think everyone in their life.. has at one point looked at a a guy and a girl and thought man they are "hott" or "Cute"  whatever your choice word is. I think it is in all of us. We look at someone of the same sex and think that they are what we want us to look like. Also, I think we can also get "turned on" (man this is awkward) by people of the same sex, but I don't think it is actually aimed at the man or woman themselves.. it's at the Sex... in general. Sex turns people on... 

Second reason why I think it is a choice. I think this world is cruel. I think the gay and lesbian community is the only place that some people feel accepted. There was a guy I went to high school with that had a crush on me for a really long time. He also had a crush on several girls after me. Unfortunately I wasn't interested in him in that way.  But the kids in school were horrible to him. Mean mean mean.. they called him "gay" "fag" (i even hate typing that word) everything unimaginable that you could think of. I think one of the only reasons he really liked me was because I was nice to him. Well anyway.. I think that If you have enough people telling you that.. then eventually you will believe it.  I think some people, not all, finally just give in and think.. well.. maybe I am gay... If it were the only place I felt comfortable and accepted, I can't say that I wouldn't choose that too.  It's horrible that the homosexual community is the only accepting group of people. My kids and my class will get ripped up one side and down the other if they EVER call someone Gay. It is not to be used as an insult. 

But Jennifer.. My brother-in-laws uncles son runs around the house in his mothers dresses with make-up on.. i just know he was born  Gay...  Well.. I think that girls can be tom-boyish and boys can be girl-ish. I mean you don't look at a little girl that likes to hunt and play sports and automatically assume they are gay. Why would you do that to boys?? I hate that! This society doesn't let boys be feminine. So what if your son plays with dolls and your daughter plays with GI Joe ... It doesn't mean they are gay! It's healthy for boys and girls to do some of the same things. I think a lot of gender confusion comes from dads saying "My sons not a sissy" big deal if he has a cabbage patch doll.. he'll be a great dad later on... ugh! (sorry I hate that ) 

Bottom line, I think it is a choice. 

Now.. Do I think being gay is a sin? Yes. 

Why.. because God tells us it is. He has destroyed entire cities for this. I choose to live my life by God's word.. and God's word tells us that it is a sin. As much as I love my Gay and Lesbian Friends.. It is what it is. I can't just choose to believe part of the Bible and not the other. Do I think Gay and lesbian people can't be Christians, No way! Of course they can be Christians. God loves Gay people just as much as he loves heterosexual people. He died on the Cross for all Sin.. regardless of what it is. 

Sin is Sin. 

People Choose to be Gay, Just like I choose to lie, or just like I choose to sin in any other way.  Now obviously lying and being gay are nothing alike.. they are on two different levels.. but still sin is sin and God hates Sin. He DOES NOT hate the person that sins.. just the sin itself.

Bottom line, We are all God's Children. He loves us. What's the kids song say?.. red and yellow black and white.. we are precious in his sight... just tack on gay, lesbian, metro, bisexual.. whatever.. He loves us all. And as long as you are saved You will go to heaven and you will rest with our Savior. What does John 3:16 say?  

 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

 It says the World.. not God so loved the heterosexual.. the world.. and everyone in it.. As long as you accept him as your Savior you will have eternal life in heaven. I don't believe there is any sin that will cause you to lose that. Well.. with the exception of one. 

 Mattthew 12:31-32 says:

31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

That doesn't say every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but homosexuality will not be forgiven ....

Soooooo... my whole point in this rant.. that I didn't want to write in the first place is... we need to be more TOLERANT!!!! Love one another!!
Yes.. I can disagree with their lifestyle... but I can still be their friend, and I can still love them unconditionally just as God loves me unconditionally. I can't cast them down for their sin until I get sin out of my life.. 

Now Gay Marriage... I'm NOT going to touch on that one. I do have my opinion... but I'm going to keep it to myself. Hopefully I won't have anyone hate me for what I've written, but just remember.
LOVE is the answer. Love everyone as God loves us. 

As my brother says " Get the log out of your eye, before you try to pull the splinter out of someone elses"

P.S. Please don't be mean to me

*end of Rant *



No comments:

Post a Comment