Monday, February 14, 2011

In the spirit of Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

I have always loved this holiday. While i do acknowledge the fact that it is just a reason to buy things. I love the spirit of it. A special day to dote on the one you love and make them feel extra special. I especially love going to walmart the day before or the day of and seeing all the men run around like crazy trying to find a gift for their lady. I find myself wanting to go up to them, pat them on the back and tell them they are being a good husband/boyfriend but I refrain. Lol, I don't know how that would be taken if I did. They would probably run away scared mumbling something about a crazy woman :)

I feel so incredibly  blessed this valentines day to have my special valentine.  This is our ninth valentines and probably one of the best. Not because i received a special gift but because of where our relationship is. Eric and i have been together for what seems like forever,lol almost nine years. (Wow! That makes me feel old)  

It has definitely  been a good nine years. I can honestly say I can't remember  what it was like without him. :)

So on this holiday specifically about love, I ponder where should we go from here as a couple. We've been together almost a decade and are perfectly content, but how can we make things better? How can our relationship improve? Well... I think that we should focus (as everyone should) on making our marriage more Godly. Focus on becoming the Godly husband and wife that we are expected to be for one another.

Ok.. so now here's the question.. What exactly is a "Godly" Marriage.
To find my answer, I googled "Godly marriage" ok... I binged it ... But still.. Isn't that sad? I should know what the answer to that is... Yes, I know to have a Godly marriage we must put him in front of ourselves and go to him with everything, but I want more than that. I want to know specifics. I want to be the wife that God has called me to be. A woman of Christ that is the spiritual partner my husband needs.

So how do I be a Godly wife in a Godly marriage? Well, the first thing I have to remember is God instructs us to love one another as he loves us.

So what exactly is God's love? How does he love us?

Well... For starters he loves us without fail. No matter what, no matter what we do, what we say, or how we act. He is always there with open arms. Ready and willing to forgive us and accept us as we are. He doesn't put us down, he doesn't compain to others about us. He blesses us and lifts us up. He ALWAYS has our best interest at heart.  Now, do I do that with the husband? Do I accept him as he is? Do I forgive him no matter what he does? Do I try to change him and tell him how to act?  Do I complain to others about him? Do I always think of him first? Do I make myself available to him at all times? Can he talk to me about anything? Am I submitting like God instructs me to?

This is all food for thought... Something to think about.

God desires us to be like him, in every way possible. So... my goal is to (like I said before) Be the wife he desires me to be. To Show God's love to my husband. To be all that Eric needs me to be.

So How am I going to reach this goal??.
The Excellent Wife: A Biblical Perspective
By ordering this on Amazon... and Studying and seeking God's will in my life.

Do You have any ideas on what a Godly Marriage is?
How do you show God's Love to your spouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment