Monday, February 7, 2011

Well.. Here it Goes...

So It's 11:45 on a Sunday night....  I should be in bed.. BUT... I'm starting a blog. I've always wanted to have a blog but could never bring myself to do it...

  1. Because I feel like I don't really have much that would be important to say.
  2. I don't want to broadcast my life to anyone and everyone out there on the interwebs.

 Yet.. Here I am :) And I'm pretty excited about it.

I have had self- esteem issues for quite a while now.. not like "Oh I'm ugly" type issues.. more like the  "I can't believe I said that" " What are they going to think of me" type issues.  One day, after talking with my good friends from BSF ( Bible Study Fellowship, a weekly bible study that I go to) I decided that being insecure was a choice and I am through choosing to be that way! I have had to really stand on my own two feet and Tell myself.. I am worth knowing dag nabbit! and I'm going to be my silly-ditsy-say-stupid-things-all-the-time Self and if people don't like it, then it's their loss!! ( whew.. it's even hard to type!!) As much as I want to tell myself that I am doing a Great job with this.. I'm not. I'm much better than I used to be.. but I still tend to second guess myself and worry what others will think.  Why am I telling you this?? Because This is one of my reasons for starting this blog.  Yes.. I may not think that I have anything important to say but maybe... I just might.  I have many friends that have blogs and when I read them I usually end up enjoying what they have to say. So.. to whoever reads this.. you may like or enjoy what I have to say.. and you may not. Sorry and please don't take this the wrong way. BUT I DON'T CARE!! :)

My other reason for starting this blog is so that I can share with my friends the awesome things (and sometimes the hard things) that God is doing in my life. I love reading about the wonderful things that he has done and the way he has shown himself to the people I know. My goal is to share at least one thing that I have learned from or about him or something he has done for me each time I post. I'm not sure how  often I will post something. But hopefully each time I post I will worry and stress  a little less each time about what it says, how I sound, or how someone will take what I am saying... and Soon I will be well on my way to being a more confident person!!!

So... First Blog Down.... However many more to go!!

Woooohoooo!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment